SIF’s Central America Donors Forum (CADF) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2021 CADF Awards: Alliances to Heal and Rebuild.
The second edition of the CADF Awards is focused on recognizing the efforts of social organizations based in Central America to contribute to healing and rebuilding the region in midst of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the passage of two tropical storms, and recent challenges to democracy and the defense of human rights. It is important to acknowledge and reward the work of these exemplary organizations during the difficult times facing the region.
The focus of the 2021 CADF Awards encompasses our collective goal of supporting efforts to achieve equity and justice in Central America. In the spirit of recognizing and honoring exemplary organizations, associations, and collectives in Central America.
The 2021 CADF Awards
CADF is a unique space in Central America that each year brings together more than 800 philanthropic, business, government and civil society leaders to discuss the region’s priority issues, propose solutions, and encourage co-investment and networking. The forum features dozens of panels, workshops and creative sessions that display efforts to create opportunities and social change in Central America. SIF and its partners have been organizing CADF since 2010. CADF 2021 will take place virtually on October 26-28.
CADF incorporated the CADF Awards in 2020 to recognize and promote the work of social organizations based in Central America. Get to know the 2020 winners here.
CADF 2021 opens the call for nominations from September 1 to September 30. After the deadline, an internal committee will review all nominations received and select the winning organizations, which will be publicly recognized during CADF 2021 and in social networks. In addition, a financial award of at least US$20,000 will be distributed among all winning organizations, which will be made effective between November and December 2021.
Criteria for nominating an organization for the 2021 CADF Awards:
The applicant/organization may nominate an organization that meets the following criteria:
- Organizations, associations and collectives with or without legal status.
- Stellar social movement building organization whose work illustrates the 2021 CADF theme: Alliances to Heal & Rebuild. See the CADF website for more information on this year’s theme and sub-themes.
- The organization prioritizes inclusion and empowerment of historically marginalized and/or oppressed peoples such as people with disabilities, afro-descendants, Indigenous peoples, and LBTQIA+.
- The organization is located in and works in one of the seven following countries: Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, or Belize.
- A special focus on youth-led organizations leading social change and/or movement building efforts, and adult-led organizations with an intergenerational approach.
The nominating person/organization can nominate an organization, collective or organization through this form.
The window to submit nominations begins on September 1 at 00:00 hours (CST) and ends on September 30 at 23:59 hours (CST), with no exceptions.
It is permissible for an organization to self-nominate.
Each person/organization can only submit one nomination.
It is possible to nominate a finalist or winning organization of the 2020 CADF Awards; however, the committee will prioritize new nominations.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
1. What are the 2021 CADF Awards?
A: The 2021 CADF Awards are a public recognition of social organizations in Central America. The award consists of public recognition during CADF 2021 and on social networks plus an economic contribution of at least US$20,000 that will be distributed among the winning organizations.
2. What are the selection process and criteria?
A: A committee of SIF staff will review all nominations and select the organizations that best represent efforts to promote inclusive economies, reinvent healthy societies, protect human rights and advance the fight against corruption. The winning organizations will be announced during CADF 2021, which will take place from October 26-28.
3. Can I nominate an organization or group that is based outside of Central America?
A: The 2021 CADF Awards aim to recognize locally led efforts by organizations, associations and collectives based in Central America. Nominations from organizations based outside of this region will not be considered.
4. Can I submit more than one nomination?
A: No. Please limit yourself to one nomination per person/organization.
5. My organization fits within the established priorities and criteria; can I nominate myself?
6. The organization or group I want to nominate does not have legal status; can I still nominate them?
7. How do I submit a nomination?
A: Just fill out and submit this form.
8. When is the deadline to submit a nomination?
A: September 30 at 11:59pm CST.
9. Can I nominate an organization as a finalist or winner of the 2020 CADF Awards?
10. When is CADF 2021?
A: This year’s CADF will take place from October 26-28 on Hopin. Learn more about CADF 2021 here.
11. Do I have to register for CADF 2021 to nominate an organization or group?
A: No, but we highly encourage your participation in this timely and dynamic space that each year brings together more than 800 philanthropic, business, government, and civil society leaders to discuss Central America’s priority issues. Over three days, CADF 2021 will feature dozens of panels, workshops and creative sessions where organizations from the region will display their work. It is an excellent space to share about your work and strengthen your networks.
Each winning organization of the 2021 CADF Awards will receive two complimentary tickets to attend CADF 2021.
12. How do I get a ticket for CADF 2021?
A: Admission to CADF 2021 is open to the public. To purchase your ticket click here.
13. Can I have a discount to attend CADF 2021?
A: Tickets for CADF 2021 were 20% off until August 31. As of September 1, they are sold at regular price, but thanks to our generous sponsors, we will consider all requests for discounted/scholarship tickets to attend the 2021 CADF. If you have a discount or scholarship request, please send us a message here.
14. Who do I contact if I have more questions not answered in this FAQ?
A: Please email Olga Vnodchenko, SIF’s Senior Program Officer.